Available in Several Internet Locations Near You!
- Download it directly – Wages of Wins Podcast 5/31/2011
- Subscribe to our RSS feed – Wages of Wins Podcast RSS Feed
- Find us in iTunes – Wages of Wins in iTunes
Super Stats Team Assemble
Miami vs. Dallas
- Winning game 1 puts Miami in the company of winners. 74% of the time Game 1 winners win the series (according to the stat community on twitter). Of course, the last Dallas-Miami series had a different outcome.
- Miami had some wicked three point shooting. Check out more of the advanced stats here.
- Dallas has some great players in search of a title whereas Miami just has great players.
- Jason Terry might not be the best scoring option for Dallas.
- Would Dirk instead of Bosh been good for Miami?
- Tyson Chandler is helping out Dallas, should Chicago have kept him?
- Jason Kidd is underrated. Seriously underrated.
Winning a Championship = Great?
- On twitter I actually got a little riled at Eric Pincus over this subject.
- Steve Nash doesn’t think so.
- Dave pointed out years ago that the 2008 Celtics would have been an all-time great team with or without a title.
Chicago with a bit of OKC Sprinkled in
- We can blame Arturo for any technical difficulties and think Chicago had a chance. He disagrees.
- Coach Thibodeau played the wrong players in a deciding game. Mike Brown has made similar mistakes.
- Is sitting your starters when they’re in foul trouble? Scorecasting says no.
- Derrick Rose drawing fouls works well. Why didn’t the Bulls keep doing it?
- Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook have both played better in the playoffs. What happened this year?
Best Point Guards of All Time
- Skip Bayless listed his top five point guards. Agree?
- Devin, Mosi and Dre agree with the list for the most part with the surprising absence of Steve Nash from Mosi’s list.
- To be an all-time great, is a long career required?
- How could we forget Mark Jackson? His broadcasting career hasn’t helped.
- Jason Kidd, John Stockton and Magic Johnson ruled the Point Guard position for the last 30 years. Did we jinx Chris Paul?
- Could Charlotte or Los Angeles use John Stockton next season?
Off Season Improvement
- We ended the podcast discussing which team looks poised to improve in the off-season. I double down on Golden State. Devin likes New Jersey and Arturo says Philadelphia.