You can find the show here Wages of Wins Podcast – Devin Dignam International Talk
Devin Dignam from NBeh? (Toronto Raptors blog)
Dre Alvarez (@NerdNumbers)
- More international visitors in large part thanks to Devin’s recent Eurobasket 2011 posts including
- Devin agrees with my point from the Valley of the Suns Podcast – Advanced Stats in the NBA may be cracked and improving Draft and International scouting is the next big leap.
- Devin points out a lot of international ball is tournaments, which falls victim to small sample size (which almost altered this article)
- Devin is happy with the Raptors international pick Jonas Valanciunas
- The one and done rule has stopped team from taking hot high school prospects with the top 3 picks and Andrea Bargnani may have stopped teams from taking top international picks with the top 3 picks.
- Devin throws a low blow to a Nuggets fan by bringing up Nikoloz Tskitishvili
- Dre points out that despite the lack of international picks in the top 3 has slowed but they are still prominent in the lottery.
- Dre and Devin agree Ricky Rubio will not likely help out the Timberwolves.
- In spite of our bashing Andrea Bargnani and Ricky Rubio both played well in Eurobasket 2011
- Dre says you shouldn’t overreact to tournament/playoff performance. In contrast Mosi Platt’s brother thinks Pau Gasol should be traded from the Lakers for a bad series this year.
- When given the choice between a top NCAA pick or a good looking “mystery box” international pick Devin says he’ll stick with the NCAA player until around pick 20.
- Interestingly enough San Antonio owns the rights to many players that played well in Eurobasket 2011
- Did Utah have a dislike of potentially talented international players?
- Devin points out that in the Fiba U19 and Eurobasket that awards were given using the Yay Points! method.