With the season in full swing there’s actually been some pretty cool basketball related blog posts.
Mosi Platt(@MIA_Heat_Index) over at the Miami Heat Index has been keeping busy.
- A blow by blow account of how there won’t be a repeat of last year’s finals.
- Podcasting about everything you need to know for the 2011-2012 season.
- Mosi also breaks down the Western Conference and the Eastern Conference with an argumentative Denver fan that isn’t me!(@Mrs_NBA)
wiLQ(@Exploring_NBA) over at Weakside Awareness has had some real gems including
- A look at some unique box scores from opening night, including a stat line that had never happened before.
- A look at which analysts were the best at predicting (or guessing) the outcome of the NBA last season.
- It turns out the franchises that have had some stars flee from them have been absolutely terrible when it comes to roster moves. Minnesota, New Orleans, Toronto, Cleveland and Orlando all had a success percentage of less than 30% when it came to getting their stars help. That’s excluding Big Baby too!
- The franchises that have kept their star players are better at roster moves. However, when it comes to Los Angeles, Oklahoma and Dallas their success percentage is only around 50%. So to keep your stars you don’t need to be great, you just need to not be absolutely terrible!
Patrick Minton(@nbageek) over at the NBA Geek has been on an absolute tear.
- He’s broken down the entire Northwest division (home of his own Minnesota Timberwolves) and the Southwest division
- Let’s also not forget the player comparison engine, which is one of the greatest things ever.
- People are sleeping on Denver and the Clippers. Jamie has them finishing in the top 3 out west.
- The Hornets will miss Chris Paul and their new young players will not even come close to making up for it.
- Dallas is nowhere near the contender people are making them out to be. Jamie has them missing the playoffs!
Ben Gulker(@brgulker) at Pistons by the Numbers is back! Sadly the news isn’t happy — it’s insanity to think Pistons will win even 30 games.
In case you missed this: Ian Levy(@HickoryHigh) over at Hickory High compiled a holiday wish list of pretty much every NBA blogger on the net!
Enjoy! And as much time as our talented staff puts into combing the web for awesome basketball content, we have no hope of reading it all. If you see a cool link or post you think we should mention feel free to shout it out in the comments.